BWF yet to decide on Chong Wei  
 
Published on 24/04/2015     Source : Malaysia The Star

Lee Chong Wei’s much awaited doping case verdict was expected to be announced but it did not materialise on Friday.

The Badminton Association of Malaysia’s (BAM) deputy president Datuk Seri Norza Zakaria said they had jumped at every phone calls and e-mails that came through but none were about Chong Wei’s case.

“We were calling each other to find out. Even the Youth and Sports Minister was checking with us. Chong Wei was also jumpy,” said Norza.

“The Badminton World Federation (BWF) yesterday informed us they will let us know as soon as the three-member panel report to them. We hope it will be soon.”

Even Chong We’s lawyer Mike Morgan was in the dark when contacted on Friday.

“We just have to wait for the panel to make a decision. We have to follow the procedures.”

Norza is hoping for positive news before Monday so that Chong Wei will be cleared to play in three upcoming majors - the Sudirman Cup in Dongguan in May, SEA Games in Singapore in June and the World Championships in Indonesia in August.

The former world No. 1 Chong Wei met the three-member hearing panel in Amsterdam on April 11.

He is facing a two-year ban after he failed a dope test during the World Championships in Copenhagen last August. He was tested positive for the banned substance dexamethasone.

 

 
Share Favorite Print
Share this news in your social networks below :
Facebook Twitter Linkedin Delicious Stumbleupon
Digg Reddit Google MySpace Yahoo! Buzz
0 Comments so far
Leave a comment
Want to comment on this news?    Sign In  or  Sign Up now!
Login with Facebook         
 
Member Login
Login with Facebook
or
Remember me
Register      Forget Password?
Find us on Facebook
Share